November 05, 2013

IKB Inspiration


Pantone colour code
Since it seems that the blue trend is on for this Fall, it makes sense to me to post what blue is all about. It's all about IKB "International Klein Blue", a hue mixed by the French artist Yves Klein and registered in 1960.
Its reference on the runways is not new and for me it has become a classic.
My house will definitely have something of this colour hanging on the wall and I will certainly buy a piece of clothing to wear with my "all black" style.

Relief Planétaire 2 (Grenoble 41) by Yves Klein [1961]
Céline dress and clutch
Chanel Spring 2013 RTW
Acne Fall 2013


Lacoste Fall 2013 RTW
Gucci Spring 2013 RTW


Stella MaCartney Fall 2012 RTW
Michael Kors Fall 2013 RTW




"I had left the visible, physical blue at the door, outside, in the street. The real blue was inside, the blue of the profundity of space, the blue of my kingdom, of our kingdom!" [Yves Klein]

"To feel the soul without explaining it, without vocabulary, and to represent this sensation." [Yves Klein]

[And could be here rambling for hours...]

No comments:

Post a Comment