October 14, 2013

Runway & Performance | Antony and the Johnsons at Givenchy

Photo Source: Now Fashion
After all Fashion Weeks bombing I find myself stuck in a moment which I desperately need to let it out. 
[And since Summer has finally ended and you feel that Autumn nostalgia, if you know what I mean.]
Well, Givenchy Fall 2013 Show with a performance of Antony and the Johnsons with The Heritage Orchestra, is it.
It moves me every time I see the video and the story behind it is so wonderful!...You know, Ricardo Tisci is the youngest of nine sisters and he and Antony are close friends, so "You Are My Sister" seems like the appropriate theme to go along with those beautiful pieces. It's just a tribute to all women surrounding Tisci and to his personal childhood memories. 

Photo Sourec: Style.com
The whole Fall Show was just art to me. It so poetic and romantic the outcome of combining music, fashion, runways concepts and heads turned into caps of tight curls, like the ancient Rome statues or Vintage swimming caps. And what about the runway? I can't get tired of watching a different space organization from the ones we are used to see. This "arena" reaches perfection from the moment my dearest Antony starts to perform.


Bambi [1942]  |  My t-shirt [H&M]
But this is also because, when taking a good look at my drawer, I realized how far I can go as a fan of my favorite band and movies - Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz, Snow White, The Beatles, Frida Kahlo [still waiting to put my hands on that Thunder Cats t-shirt and that Great Gastby sweater] - and of course Bambi!
So before Tisci did it [and Anna dello Russo, and Carine Roitfeld, and Lily Collins, and Elle Fanning] I was doing it for a long time!

Photo Source: Style.com, Google Search

No comments:

Post a Comment